Church at Home - Intersect Edition
We so wish we could be gathering all together, sharing some delicious breakfast treats, laughing, and sharing as a group! For now, this is the next best thing: Church at Home- Intersect Edition.
Every Sunday morning, we will be providing resources for students 6th-12th grade and their families. This will include an Intersect Printout with a mindfulness practice, scripture, reflection questions, prayer, and spiritual practice that you can do at home.
New: A Crossroads Student Corner Instagram. Follow them at https://www.instagram.com/crossroads_studentcorner/?hl=en
Intersect Resources August 23: Fruit of the Spirit, A Practice, A Prayer
Intersect Resources August 16: Fruit of the Spirit, A Practice, A Prayer
Intersect Resources August 9: Fruit of the Spirit, A Prayer
Intersect Resources August 2: Fruit of the Spirit, A Practice, A Prayer
Intersect Resources July 26: Fruit of the Spirit, A Practice, A Prayer
Intersect Resources July 19: Fruit of the Spirit, A Practice, A Prayer
Intersect Resources July 12: Fruit of the Spirit, A Practice, A Prayer
Intersect Resources June 28: Fruit of the Spirit, A Practice, A Prayer
Intersect Resources June 21: Fruit of the Spirit, A Practice, A Prayer
Intersect Resources June 14: Fruit of the Spirit, A Practice, A Prayer
Resources for Students and Families
- Mother's Day Blessing based on Proverbs 31
- From the Ryan Bartel Foundation - FORTitude Teen Meet-up (Read more below)
- Here is a resource to help you evaluate what we are feeling inside of us that is making us act in certain ways. It's called HALT.
- Writing a Lament for Current Times Instructions for writing a Lament
- Encouraging Mindfulness video by one of our students, Jason Jones
- Breath of Joy guided video practice
- What Makes a Good Life TED Talk
- Prayers and Guidelines for Children, Students, and Adults
- Crossroads Prayer Request page
- Growing Leaders at Home Activity for Parents and Students
Support You Mental Health
We know emotions can be confusing during this time- part excitement for a break from school, part loneliness not seeing friends everyday, and part fear of what the next days and weeks will bring. We are here for you through it all!
- Focus on what you can control
- Do what helps you feel a sense of safety
- Spend time outside, even if you're avoiding crowds
- Engage in mindfulness activities
- Reach out if you need more support
Send an email to email@example.com if you want to connect with one of the Intersect Guides further.
From the Ryan Bartel Foundation a new opportunity: The FORTitude Teen Meet-up is a virtual space created for teens to connect with each other, share and learn about protective strengths they can use to help them through tough times.
Together the students will discuss how they can help themselves and others and give them an opportunity to share what coping skills they're using in particular during this challenging time.
Teens will get an opportunity to connect with friends, make new friends, engage in games and activities developed to reinforce resiliency and positivity. Led by program director Joanne Trimmer. Read her biography here.
The sessions time will be held on April 29th and May 1st and led by certified Sources of Strength trained staff from the Ryan Bartel Foundation. Registration is required. See the link above to learn more and register.